Zydeco Pick 1

I still remember my first exposure to Zydeco. I was blown away with how infectious the music was. I've loved it ever since. There is something to it that doesn't stop. I can't say that the accordion is my favorite instrument. Not by far. But it fits here. These are my pick for Zydeco bliss. At the very least it is a starting point for your own Zydeco adventure. The more you listen the more you will want to dance (and drink). Just think Mardi Gras as you listen. I'd love to hear what you think of this and to read the comments with your choices to add to this.

Zydeco Pick 1

01 Chris Ardoin & Double Clutchin' - Stay in or Stay Out-Pass the Dutchie
02 Johnnie Allan - Promised Land
03 Clifton Chenier - Choo Choo Ch-Boogie
04 Wayne Toups - Two Step
05 French Rockin' Boogie with Geno Delafose - Bye Bye Mon Nèg'
06 Lil' Brian and the Zydeco Travelers - Thigh Drivin'
07 Rockin' Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters - Jambalaya
08 The Dixie Cups - Iko Iko
09 Queen Ida And Her Zydeco Band - Back Door
10 Lesa Cormier & The Sundown Playboys - Saturday Night Special
11 Lil' Brian and the Zydeco Travelers - Summer Girl
12 Beausoleil - Zydeco Gris-Gris
13 Jo-El Sonnier - Jolie Blon
14 Boozoo Chavis - Paper In My Shoe
15 Boozoo Chavis - Lula Lula Don't You Go To Bingo
16 Frank Ballard - Sittin on My Ya Ya
17 Queen Ida and Her Zydeco Band - My Girl Josephine
18 Buckwheat Zydeco - On A Night Like This
19 Rosie Ledet - You're No Good for Me
20 Rosie Ledet - You Can Eat My Poussiere (You Can Eat My Dust)
21 Buckwheat Zydeco - Ma 'Tit Fille
22 Keith Frank withThe Soileau Zydeco Band - Ço Fa
23 Rockin' Sydney - My Toot-Toot

No comments:

Post a Comment