Newfangled Again volume 4

The ongoing saga of the Newfangled Again pick continues with volume 4. By now you've got an idea of what the older and newer combinations of mostly new wave songs are sounding like, unless you happened upon this series right here, in which case, go find the others in the series. Anyway as an old punk rocker (again with a mohawk of sorts, I always wanted to be the grandpa with a mohawk), I picked these to show how everything changes and is still the same. These songs fit together just fine.

Newfangled Again 4

69 Snow Patrol - Run
70 Coldplay - Speed Of Sound
71 The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?
72 Television - Marquee Moon
73 Nerf Herder - Mr. Spock
74 Everclear - Volvo Soccer Driving Mom
75 Bowling For Soup - 1985
76 Buzzcocks - I Believe
77 Arctic Monkeys - Who The Fuck Are The Arctic Monkeys?
78 Supersuckers - Hey Ya!
79 Click 5 - Catch Your Wave
80 Cheap Trick - Surrender
81 American Hi-Fi - The Geeks Get The Girls
82 Cazals - Poor Innocent Boys
83 Joy Division - Transmission
84 Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
85 Lou Reed - I Wanna Be Black
86 The Strokes - Juicebox
87 Elvis Costello - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. I'm fairly certain my first introduction to Cheap Trick was a TV program back around '78, before the release of Budokan. I bought "At Budokan" shortly after release (February '79) and still remember to this day that I rarely played the "A" side - it was the "B" side that floored me. "Ain't That a Shame," "Goodnight Now," "Clock Strikes Ten," and the awesome "Surrender" (I didn't care much for "I Want You to Want Me" until years later). I still love "Surrender" to this day, and it never tires.

    Great stuff once again!

    ReplyDelete