What's The Connection? I'm Down 1

These past couple of down connections from the last few days all owe their existence to this one. I started this compilation idea years ago, but didn't get it all the way done until recently. It started with a promotional single of the Beastie Boys covering the Beatles I'm Down. For some reason the Beatles did not approve of the cover and made the Beasties take it off their album. So in turn the record company made all the radio stations pull the promo. But too late since we had already started playing it and had a copy in the On Air booth. I liked the song. Best cover of the Beatles by far, for me. So I kept a digital copy and played it whenever I could. Put it on Beatles comps. Played it at parties. Later the Beastie Boys were able to put it on a B-Sides album. What a waste of an amazing song! Anyway here are a few more covers, plus some songs that have nothing to do with the Beatles, but just so happen to use I'm Down in the title. One of my favorites of those is Rose Royce. I'm complicated. Part 2 will eventually come out.

What's The Connection? I'm Down 1

01 Ace Frehley - I'm Down
02 Thunder - I'm Down
03 Beatles - I'm Down
04 Deacon Blue - I'm Down (Live)
05 Beastie Boys - I'm Down
06 Yes - I'm Down
07 Adrian Belew - I'm Down
08 Aaliyah - I'm Down
09 Rose Royce - I'm Going Down
10 Salt 'n' Pepa - I Am Down
11 Leslie West - Baby, I'm Down
12 Meghan Trainor - I'm Down
13 The Harbinger Complex - I Think I'm Down
14 Chris Cornell - When I'm Down
15 Plastiscines - I Am Down
16 Hollies - I'm Down
17 Jack White - I'm Down
18 Steppendog - I'm Feeling Down
19 Sandie Shaw - Hold I'm Down
20 Neal Schon & Jan Hammer - I'm Down
21 The Clash - I'm Not Down
22 Love - I'm Down
23 Mike Raynor And Sky - I'm Going Down
24 The Kentucky Headhunters - I'm Down

No comments:

Post a Comment