What's The Connection? Beatlesque 2

This is part 2 of the Beatlesque What's The Connection and it seems to only be getting better and better. Knowing that I have even more in line, it is obvious that there are many bands that wanted to sound like the Beatles. These guys pulled it off better than most. I did not include in either of these volumes covers of Beatles songs. And You will notice, that other than ELO, I tried hard to not repeat bands. Several Cheap Trick songs could have been used (and maybe will be used in later volumes). I know you will have your favorite Beatlesque songs, so be sure to leave those in the comments and maybe they will join volume 3 or 4. And what do you think? Should the stuff that is supposed to be the Beatles but is partially Jeff Lynne be included in a future volume. I mean it is sort of the Beatles, but sort of not.

What's The Connection? Beatlesque 2

28 Stonecake - Tuesday Afternoon
29 MonaLisa Twins - I Wanna Kiss You
30 Olivia Tremor Control - Define A Transparent Dream
31 Tobias Jesso Jr - How Could You Babe
32 Emitt Rhodes - She's Such A Beauty
33 Harry Nilsson - You Can't Do That
34 The Monkees - Randy Scouse Git
35 Circulatory System - The Lovely Universe
36 The Idle Race - End Of The Road
37 Spongetones - Other Girls
38 Hollies - Carrie Anne
39 Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
40 Tony Molina - Nothing I Can Say
41 XTC - Senses Working Overtime
42 Raspberries - I Wanna Be With You
43 Utopia - I Just Want To Touch You
44 Redd Kross - Lady In The Front Row
45 The Zombies - She's Not There
46 The Jam - Start
47 Vinyl Kings - Chocolate Cake
48 The Knack - That's What The Little Girls Do
49 Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree
50 Beatnix - Stairway to Heaven
51 The Redwalls - Rock & Roll
52 Jet - Look What You've Done
53 Electric Light Orchestra - 21st Century Man

9 comments:

  1. 'I Don't Mind At All' by Bourgeoise Tagg.... Beatlesque!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great song! I actually have that song in line for two different connections coming up.

      Delete
  2. Sub-Rosa Subway by Klaatu. I also think that's the tune when people thought (Beatles) were back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klaatu has some pretty darn good albums. Their record company specifically left their names off the cover to imply that they were the Beatles. And many believed it when it came out.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pol...
    Just to let you know... I really really like this 2!
    I encourage further excursions of Beatlesque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying it. There are a few more

      Delete
  4. another interesting colleciton. I would love an updated link please. Thank you for all the extra effort to share the music.

    ReplyDelete