Alan White Pick

I got to meet Alan White on a Yes Cruise to the Caribbean. I actually hung out with him for a few days, late nights in a bar. I didn't think he was the greatest drummer of all time, but I thought he was darn good. More than his drumming, he was a nice guy. He told great stories and was generous with his time. In fact, out of everyone in Yes, he and Jon Davison were the two nicest of them all. Chris Squire was nice, too, but he didn't open up to some nobody like me (until we reached Grand Cayman and sat together in a bar for an hour or so). Anyway, there are so many albums and songs that Alan White played on that are my favorites. I did not pick them all, but I tried to spread it out, so you could get a sampling of how versatile he was. I hope you enjoy it, BTW, one of my very favorite albums he's on is not represented here (Sometime In New York), but that's the way it goes. May he Rest In Peace.

Alan White Pick

01 John Wetton, Adrian Belew & Alan White - Mother
02 Alan White - One Way Rag
03 Donovan - I Like You
04 Billy Sherwood, Tony Kaye, Alan White - All My Love
05 Rick Wakeman - Catherine of Aragon
06 Wetton-Manzanera - It's Just Love
07 John Lennon - Instant Karma!
08 George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
09 Yes - Sound Chaser
10 Joe Cocker - High Time We Went
11 Chris Squire & Alan White - Comfortably Numb
12 White - Beyond The Sea Of Lies
13 Levin Torn White - Ultra Mullet
14 Circa - Cut the Ties
15 Yes - Tempus Fugit
16 Chris Squire with Alan White - Run With The Fox
17 Adrian Belew, Alan White & Keith Emerson - In The Flesh

3 comments: