Reggae Dub Pick 1

This pick of Dub had a beginning. I started listening to reggae in earnest sometime before 1980. I had heard a few tracks here and there before. Some Bob Marley of course and all sorts of bands that were influenced by reggae, but I hadn't been that exposed to enough of it. Everything I heard I loved. But it wasn't easy to get good reggae where I lived in the stores. I found a guy who did a mail order reggae service. I think his name was Ernie. Got tons of cool stuff with no idea what I was looking for at first. But I found that I liked a lot of dub. This was my first CD that I put together of some dub I liked. Some was not even Jamaican at all, but that didn't stop me. In fact one of these tracks was a Japanese band and another was a California band. Didn't matter. I liked it.

Reggae Dub Pick 1

01 Ruts DC & Mad Professor - Rhythm Collision
02 DATC Dubcrew - Jungle Signal
03 Scientist - First Dangerous Match
04 Jah Wobble - Fly 1
05 UB40 - The Earth Dies Screaming
06 Babylon Representatives - Ratz On Acid
07 Dub Syndicate - 2001 Love
08 Sir Horatio - Sommadub
09 Mute Beat - Super Woofer Dub
10 Bob Marley - Rebel Music (3 O'clock Roadblock)
11 Phase Selector Sound - Version
12 Lee Perry & Mad Professor - Dubbing With The Super Ape

No comments:

Post a Comment