Reggae Dub Pick 2

Yesterday I started this pick and I continue today with Dub reggae. Mostly buying by mail order. Playing it everywhere and starting to get some favorite bands that I just bought everything I possibly could. Dub Syndicate, Lee Scratch Perry, Mad Professor, Scientist. And I started looking for other bands that were working with these guys or had tracks that were completely influenced by them. That got me the band A Certain Ratio working under the pseudonym Sir Horatio (I got a kick out of that) who had a 12 " single with two good tracks that could have been "real" dub, but was a good facsimile. It also got me to listen to Jah Wobble and his various endeavors after PIL and a bunch of others. Anyway I hope you have some favorites that you will tell me about.

Reggae Dub Pick 2

13 Scientist - Miss Know It All
14 Jamiroquai - Drifting Dub (Mad Professor remix)
15 African Head Charge - Off the beaten Track
16 Bally Sagoo featuring Badan Ali Khan & Jucky Ranks - Bad Munda Dub
17 Mexican Institute Of Sound - Cumbia
18 Lee 'Scratch' Perry & Dub Syndicate - Night Train
19 Jah Wobble & Holger Czukay - How Much Are They
20 Sir Horatio - Abracadubra
21 Easy Star All-Stars - Time Version []
22 Sly and Robbie - Roots Man Dub
23 Mute Beat - Dub No. 5 (Take 5)
24 Dub Syndicate - African Head Charge Don't Care About Space Invader Machines
25 Mad Professor - Dub Power
26 Mafia All Stars And King Tubby - Don't Think About Me (I'm Alright) version
27 Primal Scream - Higher Than The Orb
28 The Orb - Towers Of Dub (Mad Professor Remix)
29 Massive Attack & Mad Professor - Sly (Eternal Feedback Dub)

No comments:

Post a Comment