Pop (or Papa) Pick

It's my Pop's birthday today, so instead of waiting until Father's Day, here are some Pop or Papa songs. I called my father: Pop. I was called Papa and both of us were called Pap for short. So here are some songs with  those in the title. I like this pick, because it goes all over the place. I may pick a few different for Father's Day, but you'll have to wait and see. If you tried to make this in something like Spotify, they would not have all these songs. So you can get them here. And yes, that is my pop on the cover.

Pop or Papa

01 Perry Como - Papa Loves Mambo
02 Garth Brooks - Papa Loved Mama
03 The Ventures - Papa
04 The Brian Setzer Orchestra - That's The Kind Of Sugar Papa Likes
05 Clifton Chenier - Mama Told Papa
06 The Dickies - My Pop The Cop
07 Johnny Cash - Papa Was A Good Man
08 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Come To Poppa
09 Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers - Oo Poppa Do
10 Prince - Papa
11 Edith Wilson - Poppa-Mama Blues
12 The Temptations - Papa Was a Rollin' Stone
13 Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
14 Indigo Swing - Pop's At The Hop
15 Nancy Sinatra - Momma Goes Where Papa Goes
16 James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
17 Supertramp - Your Poppa Don't Mind
18 James Booker - Pop's Dilemma
19 Pigbag - Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag
20 Bonnie Raitt - Papa Come Quick (Jody And Chico)
21 Carl Perkins - Pop, Let Me Have The Car

2 comments:

  1. You've pretty well covered it. "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" is the big winner for me. A few suggestions for a volume two - The Monkees' Papa Gene's Blues; The Rivingtons' Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow; Sweet's Poppa Joe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All great suggestions! And I love the Monkees...

      Delete