All About That Bass

 Let me first say, that I like the bass. I play the bass (poorly). And songs that feature the bass are all over the place. What would any song in rock be without the bass? So here are a few of my picks for great bass parts in songs. My playlist. You will have different picks, that's ok, It's good in fact. I want to know what your pick would be. leave your suggestions in the comments below. One the tracks is the one I use to setup my DJ equipment to check the bass. Guess which one... And sorry the Meghan Trainor song All About That Bass is not on this list. I know it should be since I knicked the name for the title. But it isn't.

All About That Bass

01 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
02 The Cure - The Love Cats
03 Who - My Generation
04 Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
05 Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side
06 James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1
07 Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
08 Beatles - Rain
09 Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
10 Chic - Good Times
11 Paris - Break The Grip Of Shame
12 Steely Dan - Josie
13 Pink Floyd - Money
14 Primus - Tommy the Cat
15 Stranglers - Peaches
16 Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
17 Yes - The Fish (Shindleria Praematurus)
18 Graham Central Station - Hair

3 comments:

  1. "For The Love Of Money" (long version by THE OJAYS and "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" (also long version) by The Temptations are two of my favorites. Plus most of the stuff Hooky lays down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two great songs! And Some day over beers I might admit to a very special evening watching New Order and realizing how amazing they sound, being able to hear each instrument on it's own and the whole thing at once and the same time. Not that I was under the influence or anything. But mind expanding!

      Delete
  2. There is a nice little bass solo in "Peak Hour" from the Moody Blues' "Days Of Future Passed" album.

    ReplyDelete