Flappers and Dappers Pick

I was DJing a father/daughter dance a while ago and the theme was Chicago gangsters in the prohibition era. So I came up with these tracks that gave that feel, but weren't necessarily of that era. Newer songs from the movie that was popular at the time and lesser known tracks that just fit for me. Like the Shuckin' & Jivin' comp from a little bit ago, this pick just has the feel, even though the songs are from all over. Tell me which ones you would have added instead. Always like to hear that. And yes the cover is of my daughter and some of her friends at that dance.

Flappers and Dappers

01 Julie Andrews - Le Jazz Hot
02 Eddie Walters - Makin' Whoopee!
03 Christina Aguilera - I Got Trouble
04 Pussycat Dolls - Sway
05 Don Voorhees and His Orchestra with Lewis James - My Blue Heaven
06 Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers - Blue Skies
07 K7 - Hi De Ho
08 Christina Aguilera - Candyman
09 Fishbone - Let The Good Times Roll
10 Joe Jackson - Jack, You're Dead
11 Jive Bunny - The Roaring Twenties
12 John Altman - Happy Feet
13 Johnny Favourite Swing Orchestra - Black Dog
14 Brian Setzer Orchestra - Straight Up
15 Cab Calloway - Jitterbug
16 Wally's Swing World - I Get a Kick Out of You
17 Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Charleston
18 Stan Ridgway - The Coffee Song
19 Cab Calloway - Minnie the Moocher
20 Johnny Marvin with Leonard Joy Orchestra - Happy Days Are Here Again
21 Indigo Swing - Pop's At The Hop
22 Paul Anka - It's My Life
23 Frank Sinatra - Chicago
24 Richard Cheese - Let's Get It Started
25 Andrews Sisters - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment