Better Live Pick

This pick is purely subjective. Well I guess all my compilations are based on my picks, so they are all subjective. But I think this may generate some differences in opinion. Because how do you  decide? Well I don't know exactly, but this is what I came up with. First I have to say that many times, I like the studio versions better than live versions. But not in this case. Comparing the live recorded version to the studio version, I chose these to be better live. Tell me what other songs I should have put in here. In the meantime, listen to this playlist pick.

Better Live

01 Stevie Wonder - Fingertips (Part 2)
02 Cheap Trick - I Want You to Want Me
03 U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
04 Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
05 Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
06 Jackson Browne - The Load Out-Stay
07 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
08 Nirvana - About A Girl
09 Mc5 - Kick Out The Jams
10 Peter Frampton - Show Me The Way
11 Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Glasgow)
12 Talking Heads - Life During Wartime
13 Beatles - Twist and Shout
14 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Turn the Page
15 Kiss - Rock And Roll All Nite
16 Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman, No Cry

4 comments:

  1. First off, I made a post (on my blog) to apologize for several comments "awaiting," with about half a dozen of yours. I apologize - I thought I had the settings correct (it should be corrected now). I also set up email notifications for a just-in-case scenario. Anyway...

    Good topic! I agree with Skynyrd, Frampton, and KISS. As for Cheap Trick - I kinda like the studio version but not sure if more than the live cut. I'll say a tie.

    As for myself, too many to list. I'll keep it down to just a few... Most, if not all tracks off AC/DC's You Want Blood You Got It, are better than their studio counterparts. The same deal with The Rolling Stones' Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out. Deep Purple's "Black Night" and "Strange Kind of Woman."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those are great suggestions! Hard not to like any Deep Purple live

      Delete
  2. Hi Pol.
    I like studio versions but many times I prefer the "live" ones. Ιn the small town where I grew up very rarely [probably never] did I have the opportunity to attend rock concerts. Maybe that's why live recordings are a big part of my record collection. I remember me, with headphones in my ears, to close my eyes and imagine that I was next to the stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best reason ever for loving live recordings! I can just imagine a kid sitting there with headphones on.

      Delete