Disco Dollies 1 (A Life Of Vice)

These are all covers of disco songs done by a variety of 80's (and early 90's) bands. I always have had a place in my heart for disco. I know it isn't a cool thing to say, but sorry, too bad. And people that cover disco songs, I just love them. The name of the series comes from the lyrics of a Soft Cell song (luring disco dollies to a life of vice) called Sex Dwarf. Which has nothing to do with the songs, but it just seemed right to me. Anyway this pick is volume 1. A few songs that almost sound disco and a few that are nowhere near disco. Several are from other compilations and were not released on albums at the time. Enjoy and as always leave a comment.

Disco Dollies 1

01 Bronski Beat - I Feel Love-Love To Love You Baby
02 The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way
03 Erasure - Supernature
04 Pseudo Echo - Funkytown
05 Shriekback - Get Down Tonight
06 Tom Tom Club - You Sexy Thing
07 Love Tractor - Got To Give It Up
08 Anita Lane - Lost In Music
09 Corn Dollies - Le Freak
10 Age Of Chance - Disco Inferno
11 Hebe Geebees - Night Fever
12 Lovegods In Leisure Suits - How Deep Is Your Love
13 James Chance - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Live)
14 The Close Lobsters - Float On
15 Robyn Hitchcock - Kung Fu Fighting

2 comments:

  1. This is the compilation that finally lured me to your site! I couldn't resist the theme -- or that hysterical title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it takes! Lol. I'm glad you liked it. I always chuckle myself, but I am easily amused

      Delete