Acoustic Zep (Led Zeppelin's acoustic tracks)

Like the earlier Pretty Sabbath pick and the ELP Barrelhouse Ragtime pick this playlist takes a side of a band and highlights it. I this case it is the pretty, acoustic sounds of Led Zeppelin. Page, a master at guitar, is amazing acoustically. These tracks on this pick prove it. From almost every year and album there was a track you could play for your parents (to show it wasn't all noise). Things are not so different today. The music changes, but the dynamic between kids and parents and their choices of music doesn't change much. Our job as parents is to expose kids to a variety of music, so it isn't lost, but also to keep an open mind about the "noise" they listen to. You might not like the parental advice, but the playlist is great. So don't mind me and just listen.

Acoustic Zep

01 Led Zeppelin - Bron-Yr-Aur
02 Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
03 Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
04 Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away
05 Led Zeppelin - Friends
06 Led Zeppelin - That's The Way
07 Led Zeppelin - Poor Tom
08 Led Zeppelin - Gallows Pole
09 Led Zeppelin - Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
10 Led Zeppelin - Hats Off To (Roy) Harper
11 Led Zeppelin - Black Mountain Side
12 Led Zeppelin - Going To California
13 Led Zeppelin - Thank You
14 Led Zeppelin - Black Country Woman
15 Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
16 Led Zeppelin - The Battle Of Evermore
17 Led Zeppelin - Your Time Is Gonna Come
18 Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do

2 comments:

  1. Big fan of Zep's acoustic tracks. "That's the Way" and "The Rain Song" would be my top 2. And strange, very strange, that you didn't include "The Rain Song," one of Jimi's best.

    I didn't like "Going to California" for several years in the early going because I associated it with my ex-wife. And I also wasn't entirely crazy for Robert's vocal melody. I like the tune now. It's good to block out that old negative crap from the past. :)

    ReplyDelete