Them's Fighting Words 4 (Southern Rock Pick)

More of the Southern Rock playlist in this pick I call Them's Fighting Words. We're in the fourth volume and you will notice that I am putting in (for the second time) a guy who is definitely not from the South. I'm talking Neil Young. He calls himself a Canerican, but either way he is not from the south and I'm sure that plenty of you think I shouldn't put him in here at all. The first track is pretty much a dig against the South and the track today is just about a Southern Railroad. Not enough to qualify as Southern. But I like these tunes and they are linked to the South. If only because of Lynyrd Skynyrd's response to his songs. These tracks do fit in musically, so for me they stay. I would love to get your feedback on what other songs I should put into this series, because it obviously can keep going for a long time with hits (and should be hits) in plentiful supply.

Them's Fighting Words 4

54 Drive-By Truckers - Ronnie And Neil
55 Marshall Tucker Band - Searchin' For A Rainbow
56 Molly Hatchet - Gator Country
57 Widespread Panic - Ain't Life Grand
58 Dickey Betts - Time To Roll
59 Van Zant - My Kind Of Country
60 Gregg Allman Band - Before The Bullets Fly
61 Outlaws - Hurry Sundown
62 Allman Brothers Band - Hot 'lanta
63 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - South-ern Pac-i-fic
64 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
65 Sea Level - That's Your Secret
66 The Charlie Daniels Band - Long Haired Country Boy
67 38 Special - Wild-Eyed Southern Boys
68 Blackfoot - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
69 Blackberry Smoke - Ain't Much Left Of Me
70 The Black Crowes - Remedy

No comments:

Post a Comment