Am I Bent Pick (ambient chill music)

Around this time, I was noticing that all these places were starting to play "Chill" or "Ambient" music. To me up to then, "Ambient" meant Brian Eno "Music For Airports". Anyway several artists I like made ambient remixes or just ambient songs. I was listening to The Orb and Art Of Noise and told myself I could make a better pick, yet slightly bent version of Ambient, therefore the play on the word "Ambient" = "Am I Bent". Too clever for myself. Either way this was my attempt using the songs in my collection at the time to put together this playlist. I was inspired to post this because of someone else (George at Groovy Library) posting a compilation (actually two) on his website that I really liked. Not the same, but the same feeling. So I looked for this to be able to post it.

Am I Bent

01 Single Gun Theory - Words Written Backwards
02 Nostradamus - Sadeness Part 1
03 Prayers - Alleluia
04 PM Dawn - Set Adrift on Memory Bliss
05 The KLF - No More Tears
06 The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
07 Miranda Sex Garden - Gush Forth My Tears
08 Siouxsie & the Banshees - Sea Of Light
09 Brian Eno - Fractal Zoom
10 Jam & Spoon - Stella
11 Art of Noise - Moments In Love
12 Primal Scream - Higher Than The Orb

2 comments:

  1. Yep, got a preview beforehand. Great tunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still really like your (now three) Downtime comps on your site...

      Delete