Them's Fighting Words 5 (Southern Rock Pick)

This is the last in the series for now. I have a few more coming, but I still have to prepare the files and organize everything. You probably don't know, but I own all the songs I put in these comps and I carefully place them in specific order. They flow well one to the next, because I place them there in that order, thematically sometimes, or by energy or feel or BPM. Well this Them's Fighting Words playlist pick has some cool choices. Let me know which ones you love and which ones you hate, but more importantly which ones you notice I am missing. Perhaps they'll show up on future volumes. In the meantime, I hope you have enjoyed all of the volumes so far.

Them's Fighting Words 5

71 Holman Autry Band - Sweet Southern Wind
72 Wet Willie - Country Side Of Life
73 Hogjaw - County Line
74 Jimmie Van Zant Band - Party In The Parking Lot
75 Point Blank - Mean To Your Queenie
76 Humble Pie - 30 Days In The Hole
77 Alabama - My Home's In Alabama
78 North Mississippi AllStars - Shake 'Em On Down
79 Rossington Collins Band - Don't Misunderstand Me
80 Gov't Mule - Soulshine
81 Bishop Black - Southern Hospitality
82 Amberson-Baggett Band - Rise of the Rebel
83 Johnny Van Zant - Brickyard Road
84 A Thousand Horses - Smoke
85 Grinderswitch - Open Road
86 The Cadillac Three - The South
87 Little Feat - Oh Atlanta

4 comments:

  1. It's a great series, lots of memories for me...
    Southern rock was amazing in the 70s, great bands. Enough to make many compilations. Thanks, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patrick. Very fun for me to make. Glad you liked it

      Delete
  2. You "may" have forgotten for me... ZZ Top, Henry Paul Band, Les Dudek, Doc Holliday, Sea Level, Black Oak Arkansas & Thunder...
    But I really enjoy these 5 Volumes! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look at those for future volumes. ZZ Top, Black Oak Arkansas and Sea Level are on previous volumes, I think. Or that's what I remember.

      Delete