Luck Connection (Songs with Luck in them)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I guess you are lucky today, because here is my pick of lucky songs. A wide variety of songs about Luck. Lots of clovers all over the cover. Again nothing to do with St. Patrick or really the Irish, but somehow luck has been associated with the Irish. Good for them. Anyway, a couple of covers that I thought were worthy of inclusion instead of the originals. I never was a huge fan of Paul McCartney's Luck of the Irish, so when Japanese band Shonen Knife did a good cover of it, I had to include it. And besides I already had another McCartney track. A song or two from the movies. Some country, some blues, some dance, some jazz, some prog. Something for everyone. I hope it brings you lots of luck!

Luck Connection

01 Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - I'm Just A Lucky So And So
02 Julie London - If I'm Lucky
03 Frank Sinatra with Chrissie Hynde - Luck Be A Lady
04 Jo Stafford - With A Little Bit Of Luck
05 Judy Garland - Lucky Day
06 K.D. Lang And The Reclines - Luck In My Eyes
07 John Lee Hooker - Mr. Lucky
08 Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
09 Josie Kreuzer - Lucky & Wild
10 Cocteau Twins - Iceblink Luck
11 Lene Lovich - Lucky Number
12 Jo Boxers - Just Got Lucky
13 Madonna - Lucky Star
14 Paul McCartney - With A Little Luck
15 High Fashion - Feelin' Lucky Lately
16 Well Red - Get Lucky
17 Style Council - Luck
18 The Sugarcubes - Lucky Night
19 The Strokes - Trying Your Luck
20 Rod Stewart - Some Guys Have All The Luck
21 Britney Spears - Lucky
22 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
23 Shonen Knife - The Luck Of The Irish

2 comments:

  1. Back sometime between '92-'94, I was at a small, indie-like, music store in Toronto. While ELP's "Lucky Man" was playing over their sound system, someone was singing over the loud synthesizer part that closes the track. I turned to notice that the person was either an employee or a hanger-on buuut, also (and I was pretty certain about this at the time) a member of a local band. I haven't thought of it for ages, but I think he was in the band Moxy Früvous. Regardless, from that moment on, it's been my usual first association when listening to "Lucky Man."

    I don't recall the Style Council's "Luck." A great tune, thx!

    Call me a fan of Madonna's "Lucky Star." It's not a fav but I still like the track.

    I have always loved Paul's With a Little Luck.

    A couple imo great tracks not listed - Lucky by Seven Mary Three / Your Lucky Day in Hell by Eels.

    Overall, good selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot all about the Eels and I don't know Seven Mary Three, I'll have to look that up

      Delete