Them's Fighting Words 1 Southern Rock Pick

Southern Rock is a genre that is filled with some amazing artists. Coming from a childhood in California, the closest thing we got was the Eagles and that's Southern California rock, not Southern. But discovering real Southern Rock was eye opening. It was so good. And then later moving to the South I realized that the stereotypes were not true (and completely true in another way). Anyway, I love Southern Rock. I used all the stereotypes when I made these compilation playlist picks, but that's for me to remember where I came from, not what they have come to mean. So too bad, I incorporate the Confederate flag in the cover. I use hillbilly phrase for the name (not even typical Southern, shame on me). What ever. I stereotyped you based on my own prejudices from years ago. Get over it. Now if you don't like it, I just say, Bless Your Heart. Just enjoy the music.

Them's Fighting Words 1

01 38 Special - Robin Hood
02 Blackfoot - Highway Song
03 Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides
04 Neil Young - Southern Man
05 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
06 Molly Hatchett - Flirtin with Disaster
07 Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post
08 Moby Grape - Omaha
09 The Band - Cripple Creek
10 Eagles - Already Gone
11 Souther, Hillman, Furay Band - Fallin in Love
12 Flying Burrito Brothers - Christine's Tune
13 Marshall Tucker Band - Fire on the Mountain
14 Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy
15 New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Panama Red
16 Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down To Georgia

3 comments:

  1. I have all but a couple tracks, and one I haven't heard before. I was like, "What? Where have I been?" The track is .38 Special's "Robin Hood." I haven't listened to their pre-Wild Eyed Southern Boys material in years, but I don't recall that tune. And I like comps that commence with an instrumental.

    Big thumbs up for Moby Grape's "Omaha." Great stuff once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them live during that tour and I loved that song. Made me want to listen to 38 special over and over again. Been a fan since

      Delete
    2. Skip Spence was living on the streets in San Jose where I was on the radio and sometimes he'd just drop in. A buddy of mine, a guitarist, used to play with him in Santa Cruz. By this time he was pretty much a mess.

      Delete