Dogs Connection 1

Here are my favorite songs about dogs. Couple of things you should know about me and dogs. I am allergic to dogs and cats (and pretty much most pets), but I've had dogs most of my life. I currently have two. Both boxers. Our family has worked with boxer rescue's in the past, fostering dogs. Our two dogs now are rescues. I recommend West Coast Boxer Rescue and DFW Boxer Rescue. Help them out, donate or foster a dog. Boxers are the best dogs ever! Wiggle butts. One of my dogs is on the cover of this playlist. 

If you get a boxer (or any dog) please get one from a rescue site. That will help. As for the music, I know there are a million other Dog songs. These are my pick in this What's The Connection? Notice Storm covering the Cramps great song. Ask me about my Storm story. Also kind of a sick song about the dogcatcher from Bay Area punk reggae band Babylon Reps that will make you want to help rescue dogs. Great version of the Beatles' Hey Bulldog! (probably one of my favorite Beatles' songs). Tell me your favorite Dog songs in the comments and shoot off a picture of your dog here or on Facebook especially if it is a boxer.

Dogs 1

01 Webb Pierce - I'm Walking The Dog
02 Storm and The Balls - Can Your Pussy Do the Dog
03 Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
04 Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
05 Colin James and The Little Big Band - No More Doggin
06 George Clinton - Atomic Dog
07 Gogol Bordello - Dogs Were Barking
08 Rufus Thomas - Walking the Dog
09 Iggy Pop - I Wanna Be Your Dog
10 David Bowie - Diamond Dogs
11 Lobo - Me and You and a Dog Named Boo
12 Paul Anka - Puppy Love
13 Patti Page - (How Much Is) That Doggy In The Window
14 Skinyard - Hey Bulldog
15 AC-DC - Give The Dog A Bone
16 Ted Nugent - Dog Eat Dog
17 The B-52's - Quiche Lorraine
18 Anslem Douglas - Who Let the Dogs Out
19 The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
20 Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
21 Babylon Representatives - Dog Catcher
22 Bauhaus - Hair Of The Dog
23 Butthole Surfers - Underdog

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I whipped up a top 10 in about 5-10 minutes so in all likelihood, I've missed a few or several. However, I'm fairly certain the top 3 in my list would make the top 10 if I recalled all the tracks. Here goes...

    1) Dogs - Pink Floyd
    2) Sick as a Dog - Aerosmith
    3) Walkin' the Dog - Aerosmith
    4) By-Tor & the Snow Dog - Rush
    5) Hey Bulldog - The Beatles
    6) You Ain't Nothin' but a Female Hound Dog - Charlie Gore & Louis Innis
    7) Pluto the Dog - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
    8) Junkyard Dog (Tears on Stone) - Winger
    9) Gonna Buy Me a Dog - The Monkees
    10) Dog Eat Dog - AC/DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice list! Hey Bulldog! Has to be one of my favorite Beatles songs. And I love that whole Rush album!

      Delete