Nederlandse Pick (songs from the Netherlands)

Songs/bands from the Netherlands that I like. Some sung in English and the others in Dutch. I actually learned how to speak "Dutch" first. I learned English (or rather American as a second language). I am a first generation American and proud of it. My mother fully from the Netherlands (I have family that stretches back for hundreds of years in one area of Nederland) and my father from a Dutch colony that is in the South Pacific. Yes, my parents had a mixed marriage. Anyway, that's besides the point. I have always looked for songs from what most people call Holland. Here were some of my favorites when I made this compilation playlist years ago. I pulled it out because someone named Peerke posted up a Belgian Pop comp on ButterBoy's site and made me think of this pick. Either way, genres all over the map. I just like these songs.

Nederlandse Pick

01 Urban Dance Squad - Deeper Shade Of Soul
02 Krezip - I Would Stay
03 Van Dik Hout - Pijn
04 Kane - Rain Down On Me
05 Herman Brood - Saturday Night
06 Blof - Geen Idee
07 Doe Maar - Is Dat Alles
08 Golden Earring - Radar Love
09 Xymox - Phoenix Of My Heart-Wild Thing
10 Candy Dulfer with David Stewart - Lily Was Here
11 Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon (Club Mix)
12 De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig - Watskeburt-! (DJ Versie)
13 Skihut - Toeter Op Mijn Waterscooter
14 The Outsiders (NL) - Touch
15 Shocking Blue - Venus
16 Q'65 - The Life I Live
17 Cuby And The Blizzards - Your Body Not Your Soul
18 De Dijk - Wat Nog Meer
19 Lul - Colony
20 De Raggende Manne - Lullen Bij De Bus
21 Heideroosjes - Dan Breekt De Hel Los!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I like it a lot.
    Weren't Boney M from Germany?

    Greetings, Peerke

    ReplyDelete