Reggae Dub Pick 3

It's been a while since I did Dub Pick 1 and Dub Pick 2. But finally I post part three. I do love Dub. Most of this pick is good all time classic dub. One track will stand out though. And that is Soundgarden covering the Ohio Players dub style. Sort of. Give it a chance. It's not that bad. The rest will fit in just fine with the first two picks or any other dub you might already have. Eventually I will finish part four. I have so much to choose from it's hard to narrow it down. I would be interested to hear what you think of these picks (I did reup parts one and two) and what you would add to part four. I get that Dub is not everyone's cup of tea, but I gravitate to it. Read the story in the first part. Also try Slow Poof. It isn't dub but somehow its is related in feeling.

Reggae Dub Pick 3

30 Lee Perry - Blackboard Jungle Dub (Ver. 1)
31 Soundgarden - Fopp [Fucked Up Heavy Dub Mix]
32 Mad Professor - Fast Forward Into Dub
33 Black Star Line - Moonlight Dub Xperiment
34 Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets The Rockers Uptown
35 Culture - Two Sevens Clash (Version)
36 Dubblestandart featuring Lee Scratch Perry, Ari Up & David Lynch - Oxygene Dub Pt. 4
37 King Tubby - Take Five 5 Dub (Declaration of Dub)
38 Mikey Dread - Fast Forward Dub
39 Keith Hudson - Pick A Dub
40 Young Warrior - 10 Steps To Africa
41 The Revolutionaries - Kunta Kinte Version One
42 Jah Shaka - Verse 1
43 Scientist - Your Teeth In My Neck
44 Subatomic Sound System - Underground Roots (Live Melodica Dub)
45 Wayne Smith - Under Me Sleng Teng Version

4 comments:

  1. Dub is 100% my cup of tea, I drink it by the liters. Absolutely love the early era Soundgarden, and glad you included this particular track, Screaming Life/Fopp was my first exposure to them and still holds a special place in my heart. You chose some stone cold classics for this mix. The most recognizable sample from that Mad Professor track is always fun hearing the rest of the track that the Orb didn't use. Augustus Pablo vs King Tubby is easily in my top 10 favorite dub albums. Lee Perry and Culture are must haves for any dub mix. Dubblestandart/Perry/Ari Up/Lynch is a match made in heaven, never imagined all those names together in one place. The Revolutionaries "Kunta Kine" track is another banger. Then some of my favorite producers/mixers, Jah Shaka and the imperial Scientist. Well done, loving this mix Pol Inate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching the solar eclipse and all I can think of is stupid Roommate who first played me some dub and hooked me up with those sweet sounds and pounds. And then the searches for anything dub. There was nothing on the radio. No stores carried it. I had one dude that sent me a xerox list of stuff he could get if we ordered (by mail). Still remember Ernie.

      Delete
    2. I first heard Jah Shaka through that list as well as the Pato Banton dub remixes which were fun. I got 90% of my Scientist from Ernie. A bunch of King Tubby and Mad Professor. And of course Lee Scratch Perry, as well as eventually getting introduced to On-U sound

      Delete

    3. "Glad you got hooked. Dub is infectious and wonderful. There is so much available, and so much diversity."

      Sorry. Accidentally deleted the above. And I agree with you 100%

      Delete