Jimi Hendrix Covers

I've seen lots of tribute albums to Jimi Hendrix. I don't think I have ever seen an album of songs that he covered. Here are the originals of the songs Jimi covered. This pick includes the first original version of the song, or the one that was most popular or well known. For instance The Troggs weren't the first to do Wild Thing, but the band (Wild Ones) that did do that song first is barely known and it's very difficult to get a copy of it. I don't have it. Notice a few Beatles tracks and a couple of Dylan tracks. Not unusual for that time. Enjoy this selection. I may do a compilation playlist of covers of Jimi Hendrix (other people who covered Jimi) some time. I have plenty, I'm just deciding which ones to include. And I probably could do a Hendrix Family pick, but I haven't gotten far with that one yet.

Jimi Hendrix Covers

01 Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes
02 Ray Charles - What'd I Say Parts I & II
03 B.B. King - Rock Me Baby
04 Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign
05 Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
06 Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
07 The Troggs - Wild Thing
08 Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy
09 Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
10 Muddy Waters - I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man
11 Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor
12 The Mar-Keys - Last Night
13 Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows
14 Them - Gloria
15 Bob Dylan - All Along The Watchtower
16 Beatles - Day Tripper
17 The Isley Brothers - Ohio-Machine Gun
18 Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog
19 The Leaves - Hey Joe

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Is it too obvious to mention Tim Rose - Hey Joe?. The Troggs did Wild Thing and inspired Jimi Hendrix. In that way there are many versions of Hey Joe, succesfully starting with The Leaves. I guess the Tim Rose version inspired Hendrix
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZE6SPsbHoM&t=28s
    You can fill another list with covers by Hendrix from the 10 LP Kassette https://www.discogs.com/master/987706-Jimi-Hendrix-10-LP-Kassette
    Again Thank you. Do you have a Janis covered these list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Nothing Janis related coming, but sounds interesting. And I've never heard the 10 lp series. Looks good.

      Delete