TK Records Family

This pick is about the record company TK records. Named after a sound engineer, Terry Kane, it started in Florida. I have a love hate relationship with the state. First state I was ever refused service (at a waffle place) because I had a mohawk. Went back several times because I also had some of the best times there. TK Records is one of the first disco record companies and yet Florida also had trouble in Broward and Miami-Dade with censorship of Two Live Crew. Which, now that I think of it, is the bluest part of the state. It is a highly tolerant place and yet the very strict on some things. The main stream media calls it the "Don't Say Gay" state and yet you cannot be more gay than the Keys, in fact, all of the state is highly tolerant of LGB, but really not so much the T. Nothing to do with this compilation, just my observation rant on the side. I think Red is probably more tolerant than we think, but just has limits. Some of the earliest disco came out on TK. KC, the McCrae's. Some of my favorites, like T-Connection, Bobby Caldwell, Celi Bee all were on TK. Even Weird Al was their last release ever. This is fun to listen to.

TK Records Family

01 Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love (Long Version)
02 Gwen McCrae - Rockin' Chair
03 Peter Brown - Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me
04 George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
05 Teri Desario featuring KC - Yes, I'm Ready
06 The Hues Corporation - Rock the Boat
07 KC & The Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
08 Jimmy Bo Horne - Dance Across The Floor
09 KC & The Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
10 Celi Bee and The Buzzy Bunch - Superman
11 The Ritchie Family - Best Disco in Town
12 T-Connection - Do What You Wanna Do  (original 12'' version)
13 Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
14 Voyage - Souvenirs
15 Foxy - Get Off
16 T-Connection - On Fire
17 Weird Al Yankovic - Another One Rides The Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment