Quiet VU

This pick of Velvet Underground is what I call quiet VU. It's the more beautiful sounding acoustic leaning Velvet Underground. This is a band that I know from Rock and Roll and Walking On The Wild Side, Heroin and Sister Ray. What some don't realize is that Lou Reed had many sides to him. Many of these love songs are just beautiful. You will realize, as did Laurie Anderson, that Lou had a quiet side to him. These mostly VU songs also had an underground twist to each. It's up to you to interpret what each means. I added one solo Lou Reed track and also a colloboration track with Nico. They all can fit together nicely. Even your mom or grandma can like these songs, but you will love them too. And before you say anything, I know that his relationship with Anderson started way after his Velvet Underground days, but I just love the way they just look like they love each other in this shot. Quiet Love.

Quiet VU

01 Velvet Underground - Velvet Nursery Rhyme
02 Velvet Underground - Jesus
03 Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes
04 Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning
05 Velvet Underground - I'll Be Your Mirror
06 Velvet Underground - Candy Says
07 Velvet Underground - New Age (long version)
08 Velvet Underground - Here She Comes Now
09 Velvet Underground - I Love You (demo)
10 Velvet Underground - After Hours
11 Velvet Underground - I'm Sticking with You
12 Velvet Underground - Femme Fatale
13 Velvet Underground - Ocean
14 Velvet Underground - I Found a Reason
15 Lou Reed - Perfect Day
16 Nico - Chelsea Girls

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! This is a great side of the band to highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site and shares are wonderful. I share CD's I've made, moslty 50's and 60's stuff, take a look if you'd like: djmcblues2.com.

    ReplyDelete