First Summer Potpourri

Imagine you recently started dating someone in college and before they leave for the summer: surprise, surprise you get an unexpected cassette thay secretly had made for you. They mail it to you so you get the pick after they have left. Whoa! That's pretty cool. This is such a cassette. I wasn't expecting it. It had really cool songs on it. Several that were new releases at the time. And it has a message. A message of longing, but still a bit unsure. Testing the waters to see if I felt the same about her as she did about me. And also wanting to impress me with her knowledge of music. It worked. I ended up driving hours and hours in a bus to go see her as soon as I could. If I wasn't as much of a simpleton, it probably could have lasted much longer. Either way it ended up lasting for years. I was smitten. This cassette was a good reason for the start of that. I still don't understand a couple of the choices, but the other 95% I totally do.

First Summer Potpourri

01 Elvis Costello - Girls Talk
02 The Inkspots - If I Didn't Care
03 Suzanne Fellini - Love On The Phone
04 The Chipmunks - Christmas Don't Be Late
05 Elvis Costello - My Funny Valentine
06 The Selector - On My Radio
07 Icehouse - Sister
08 Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
09 Sue Saad & The Next - Won't Give Up
10 Romantics - She's Got Everything
11 Graham Parker - Heat Treatment
12 The Sinceros - I Still Miss You
13 The Inmates - The Walk
14 Joe Jackson - Jumpin' With Symphony Sid
15 Elvis Costello - Big Boys
16 Romantics - When I Look In Your Eyes
17 Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going Out With Him
18 The Motels - Forever Mine

5 comments: