Femmes Fatale 3

Back again with the odd volume of Femmes Fatale pick number three. More of the mellower tracks. A few more of the older tracks and some that mimic the older standard style. I love these picks.  But I have to talk about one in particular. Lisa Stansfield. I am generally noy a big fan, Sorry I just am not. But when I heard the Red Hot Cole Porter compilation, I was blown away from her version of Down in The Depths. Her voice just struck me. It automatically became my favorite on the CD. I even went out to listen to more of her music (meh, which was disappointing to me). But everytime I listen to that one track, I am gobsmacked by her voice. Just brilliant, such depths. Love it. And that's not even the best song on this comp.

Femmes Fatale 3

01 10,000 Maniacs - Like The Weather
02 Etta James - At Last
03 Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
04 Lisa Stansfield - Down In The Depths
05 Christina Aguilera - I Got Trouble
06 Fugees - Killing Me Softly with His Song
07 Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - Hollywood
08 Lily Allen - Smile
09 Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
10 Kate Bush - Lord of the Reedy River
11 The Velvet Underground & Nico - Femme Fatale
12 Everything But The Girl - Almost Blue
13 Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
14 Sylvia - Pillow Talk
15 Sinead O'Connor - Damn Your Eyes
16 Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
17 Chris & Cosey - Stolen Kisses
18 Diva Zappa - Girlie Woman
19 Mary J Blige - Be Without You
20 Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay (I Missed You)
21 Cocteau Twins - Pearly-Dewdrops' Drops
22 Regina Spektor - Fidelity

No comments:

Post a Comment