What's The Connection? School

It's starting to be time for school to start again (or maybe it's already started in your area), so here is my pick of school songs. Yes, please put your choices that I missed in the comments. I'm sure there are plenty. I don't know much about history, but I do know that these all are about school and learnin'. No, it wasn't that funny, but it's a rush job today. There is one title here that is not in English by Herman Brood: Eex-boyfriend of Nina Hagen. His song is in Dutch and means "Never back to the rotten school" or something close to that. I first learned to speak and read Nederlandse, but I never got much past elementary school in reading and writing. Either way I still enjoy an occasional song sung in my first language.

What's The Connection? School

01 The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
02 Supertramp - School
03 Steely Dan - My Old School
04 Paul Simon - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
05 Cat Stevens - (Remember the Days of the) Old Schoolyard
06 Earth Wind & Fire - Yearnin', Learnin'
07 Prince - Schoolyard
08 Sylvers - High School Dance
09 Frankie Avalon - Beauty School Dropout
10 Chuck Berry - School Days
11 Jerry Lee Lewis - High School Confidential
12 Stranglers - School Ma'm
13 School Of Rock - School Of Rock
14 Yardbirds - Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
15 Toy Dolls - Modern Schools Of Motoring
16 Ramones - Rock 'n' Roll High School
17 Nirvana - School
18 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Catholic School Girls Rule
19 The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death
20 Pixies - Weird At My School
21 The Replacements - Fuck School
22 Herman Brood - Nooit Meer Terug Naar Die Rotschool
23 Alice Cooper - School's Out

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your site. Very nice, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! BTW, Deadman is such a cool comic. I wish they could make it into a movie...

      Delete