Just Say Yes...No...Maybe...3

This is the last pick of the series (for now) so make suggestions in the comments if I missed something you think I should add to a future volume (I still have a few left to add.) I like that the very last track on each of these volumes is a short bit. Today's bit is from the Hair Broadway show. Growing up that soundtrack had great meaning to me. It was one of the few non-jazz albums in our house growing up. My mom and dad used to host dance parties in the early 70's where I used to play the records. They mostly ballroom danced (our garage had linoleum tiled floors and a dropped ceiling and a bar so they could dance.) I played records and tended bar with my brothers for all my parent's friends. Lots of fun. But she claimed that the Hair soundtrack was an album that someone else brought to our house and left at one of their parties. I don't know about that because my mom and dad dressed pretty "groovy" (as Greg Brady used to say). Anyway, I used to listen to it a lot. The whole thing is about being a hippy on drugs.

Just Say Yes...No...Maybe...3

43 Catatonia - Is Everybody Here On Drugs
44 Marilyn Manson - I Don`t Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)
45 Lords Of Acid - Marijuana In Your Brain
46 Grandmaster Melle Mel & The Furious Five - Hustlers Convention
47 Kim Fowley - The Trip
48 The Jazz Butcher - She's on Drugs
49 Rick James - Mary Jane
50 Steppenwolf - The Pusher
51 Huey Lewis and the News - I Want A New Drug
52 Electronica - Coke, Sex, Drugs
53 Black Uhuru - Sinsemilla
54 20-20 - Yellow Pills
55 Translator - Favorite Drug
56 Neil Young & The Restless - Cocaine Eyes
57 The Verve - The Drugs Don`t Work
58 Robby Fulks - She Took A Lot Of Pills (And Died)
59 Nashville Pussy - You Give Drugs A Bad Name
60 Courtney Love - All The Drugs
61 Hair Company - Be-In

No comments:

Post a Comment