Fakin' Jamaican 1

I've always loved ska and reggae since I first heard it. So bouncy and fun, even when it was political in nature. The whitewashing of reggae has also interested me. In fact any genre that influences another group of artists can make some really cool music. It can also water it down. But there have a been a few times in my life that to get someone to like a type of music, they need to be eased in to it. I've made blues comps that were not "original" blues that have gotten people to look for old blues artists. Same with punk and rap. This pick is because I had a coworker who said he couldn't stand reggae or ska, but I knew he liked the Police and Bauhaus and Eric Clapton. So obviously he did like the music, even though he didn't realize it. So I made this series of what I called whitewashed reggae or Fake Jamaican music. I hope you enjoy it.

Fakin' Jamaican 1

01 Full Moon Tan - No Money, No Chick, No Car
02 Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
03 Joe Jackson - Fools In Love
04 Elvis Costello - Watching The Detectives
05 The Police - Man In A Suitcase
06 Fishbone - (Modern Industry)
07 Dinky Toys - Out In The Streets
08 Clash - Guns Of Brixton
09 Skatalites - Guns Of Navarone
10 Untouchables - Free Yourself
11 Madness - One Step Beyond
12 Let's Go Bowling - L.G.B.
13 Skankin' Pickle - Fakin' Jamaican
14 Toasters - Secret Agent Man
15 Bad Manners - Bonanza Ska
16 Bluekilla - Hawa Negila
17 Fishbone - Ugly
18 Gangbusters - Bad Attitude
19 Mr Cranky - Get Out Of My House
20 Bim Skala Bim - Hung Up
21 Sublime - Date Rape
22 Fishbone - Lyin' Ass Bitch

3 comments: