Just Say Yes...No...Maybe... 1

I got the idea for this pick from the title from the old commercials during the 80's, Reagan Era anti-drug campaigns. These are all drug songs. Some anti drugs, some pro drugs and some a little ambivalent. Hence the Yes, No, Maybe. All the songs are about drugs in one sense or the other. I'm Libertarian, so I think it's up to you. Make your own judgement as long as you are an adult and we'll judge your actions. So these include my favorite drug songs in several volumes, some covers and some originals. It covers the genre spectrum and there is at least one song in each volume that you will hate (and hopefully many you will like). Let me know what drug songs I am missing in the comments and maybe I will include them on later volumes, if they aren't already on the way.

Just Say Yes...No...Maybe... 1

01 Soft Boys - Cold Turkey
02 Peter Tosh - Legalize It
03 The Tubes - White Punks On Dope
04 NWA - Dopeman (Remix)
05 Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
06 This Mortal Coil - Drugs
07 The Velvet Underground & Nico - Heroin
08 Eric Clapton - Cocaine
09 Frank Zappa - Cocaine Decisions
10 Pato Banton - Don't Sniff Coke
11 Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
12 Dead Kennedys - Drug Me
13 Simpletones - I Like Drugs
14 The Golfers - I Used To Do Drugs
15 The Fall - Totally Wired
16 Pat Travers - Snortin' Whiskey
17 General Kane - Crack Killed Applejack
18 Jackson Browne - Cocaine
19 Dillinger - Cocaine In My Brain
20 Jackson Browne - Cocaine Ending

No comments:

Post a Comment