What's The Connection? Spiders

I don't like spiders, I don't like most bugs. But I love songs with Spider in the title. There are so many good ones. And I do like Spiderman (the comic). This Connection has nothing to do with Peter Parker, though. You would think I would put one of the cool versions of the Spiderman Theme in here, but I didn't. Had to put in Jim Stafford. That's one of my favorite Spider (and Snake) songs. Of course the Toy Dolls and The Who. But one of the coolest tracks, I got from a friend of mine (Liz) who used to live in the UK. I can't verify this, but I believe her story. She heard I was making a playlist of Spider songs and she said that she had a 45 that she got from a cereal box in the 70's with a Spider song and did I want it? OMG, YES! So this 45 is by the Tigers and it's called "Spider In The Bath" and it ends up being a really cool new wave-ish, ska-pop kinda song. So, it's on here. You are welcome. Don't really know much about the band and I looked. All I got is that the band put out some 45's and one album: Savage Music (late 1979 or 1980). Anything else you can find probably is one of the three other bands called Tiger. Just enjoy it.

What's The Connection? Spiders

01 Jim Stafford - Spiders and Snakes
02 Toy Dolls - Spiders In The Dressing Room
03 Who - Boris The Spider
04 Rolling Stones - The Spider and the Fly
05 Tigers - Spider In The Bath
06 Sweet - The Spider
07 Chick Willis - Black Widow Spider
08 Tony Joe White - Stud-Spider
09 Muddy Waters - Mean Red Spider
10 John Lee Hooker - Crawlin' Black Spider
11 Hoodoo Gurus - Mind The Spider
12 Shonen Knife - Spider House
13 Captain Sensible - I'm A Spider
14 They Might Be Giants - Spider
15 Cage The Elephant - Spiderhead
16 No Doubt - Spiderwebs
17 Lee Hazlewood - The Black Widow Spider
18 Uriah Heep - Spider Woman
19 Alice Cooper - Return of the Spiders
20 Dio - Along Comes A Spider
21 Ozzy Osbourne - Spiders
22 Slipknot - Spiders
23 Little Richard - Itsy Bitsy Spider

I'm adding this at the end, because I ended up following up more with Tigers and one of the guys is ex-Van der Graaf Generator (Nic Potter bass) and the other ex-Starry Eyed and Laughing (Ross McGeeney guitar)

No comments:

Post a Comment