More Smoke

My friend Phil and I would often go to concerts in the Bay Area. We have similar tastes in some music. We disagreed on a few things, but usually we were pretty much on the same wave length. Although he would rather listen to old Velvet Underground or Brian Eno rather than listen to new stuff if he had the choice, he was open to new music every now and again. When we drove to concerts, many times I would drive and since I had a CD player in my car, I would make a CD that had songs that I figured he would like if he heard them. Anyway one day I had tickets to see a band that he did not know (My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult). We had a drive from San Jose to the I-Beam in San Francisco and I put together this pick to play on the drive. A few bands he knew (but not these songs) and some he didn't know. I ended up naming it More Smoke, because the I-Beam show had so much smoke that you could barely see the band. I won't even talk about drunken-ness and Back Seat Betty's, but that happened.

More Smoke

01 Red Zone - News From The Red Zone
02 Frank Zappa - Variations On The Carlos Santana Secret Chord Progression
04 The Sisters Of Mercy - Emma
05 Pop -O- Pies - Fascists Eat Donuts
06 Nina Hagen - Hare Krishna
09 Devo - Mongoloid
10 Yoko Ono - Why
11 Quiet Sun - Mummy Was An Asteroid, Daddy Was A Small Non-Stick Kitchen Utensil
12 Wall Of Voodoo - Dance You Fuckers
13 My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Kooler Than Jesus
14 Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of

No comments:

Post a Comment