What's The Connection? Monkeys

I was listening to a monkey song (that I didn't even put on this connection, but that I liked a lot, so there will have to be volume 2) and started thinking of Ape, Gorilla, Monkey songs that I liked. I came up with this pick. You'll probably know most of the songs. Perhaps not the Fela Kuti or the Residents unless you like that kind of music. And I doubt you've seen the movie that features Jo Kennedy's "Monkey In Me". It was an Australian film in the 80's with some cool, but obscure tracks. Starstruck came out in 192 and didn't really get a good release in the US, but that's too bad it's decent cult film and features music from Tim Finn. The character Jackie played by Jo Kennedy made the film for me, though. She and her "cousin"  get into some great musical antics. Funny movie. And that wasn't even the hit from the movie.

What's The Connection? Monkeys

01 Peter Gabriel - Shock The Monkey
02 Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey
03 Pixies - Monkey Gone To Heaven
04 Michael Franks - Monkey See-Monkey Do
05 Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
06 Residents with Snake Finger - King Kong
07 Arctic Monkeys - Who The Fuck Are The Arctic Monkeys?
08 The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
09 Fela Kuti - Monkey Banana
10 The Dickies - You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla)
11 The Kinks - Apeman
12 Traveling Wilburys - Tweeter And The Monkey Man
13 William Bell - Monkeying Around
14 Honey Cone - One Monkey Don't Stop No Show (Part I)
15 Kristin Hersh - Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
16 Major Lance - The Monkey Time
17 Billy Butler - Boston Monkey
18 Black Eyed Peas - Shake Your Monkey
19 Starz - Monkey Business
20 Jo Kennedy - Monkey In Me
21 Counting Crows - Monkey
22 TeeVee Toons - Magilla Gorilla

PS: The track I didn't add, but like is Peace + Love + Pitbulls " Do The Monkey"

1 comment: