Slipped My Disco 5

 I started this pick years ago. Always fascinated by the concept of artists doing songs that are not their genre. You'll find all sorts of picks on this site with that premise. What's funny to me is when a band does that and becomes so well known for that one off-genre track that they change completely. Check out some of the other Slipped My Disco compilations to see some of those. This volume has more of the ones that were just tries (some hits, some misses). I mean Steve Miller was never going to known for this track. A few of the others are better swings. I always crack up listening to the Sweet. They tried so many different genres and some of their early glam almost sounds like disco, so I can see why they tried. But I'd rather listen to Love Is Like Oxygen anytime. That being said Ballroom Blitz is not far away from disco. Like all the others, posted on a Saturday nite.

Slipped My Disco 5

65 Wings - Arrow Through Me
66 Steve Miller Band - Macho City
67 Frankie Valli - Grease
68 George Benson - Give Me The Night
69 Sweet - Funk It Up (Disco Mix)
70 The Clash - The Magnificent Dance (UK 12 Version)
71 Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
72 The Kiki Dee Band - I've Got the Music in Me
73 Prince - 1999
74 Bobby Hebb - Sunny '76
75 Alice Cooper - (No More) Love At Your Convenience
76 Elton John - Victim Of Love
77 The Earls - Tonight Could Be The Night
78 Blood, Sweat & Tears - Tell Me That I'm Wrong
79 Pat Benatar - We Live For Love

No comments:

Post a Comment