Jimmy Somerville Family

This pick kind of fits in with last few days of posts, but this time the emphasis is on Jimmy Somerville. First known as the falsetto voice of Bronski Beat, he soon left to start the band Communards. Took a couple of people who had played on the early Bronski Beat albums and put out a couple of albums and a few singles, Then went "solo". He guested on a few tracks for others, usually as back singer. I included a few at the end. He had a great falsetto, supposedly some weird politics, but I don't judge him by that because he never showed that side to me. I only heard second hand. I like his voice.

Jimmy Somerville Family

01 Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
02 Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way
03 Bronski Beat - Ain't Necessarily So
04 Jimmy Somerville - To Love Somebody
05 Jimmy Somerville with June Miles-Kingston - Comment Te Dire Adieu
06 Jimmy Somerville - Run From Love
07 Communards - Never Can Say Goodbye
08 Bronski Beat - Why
09 Communards - You Are My World
10 Communards - For A Friend
11 Bronski Beat And Marc Almond - I Feel Love Johnny Remember Me
12 Communards - There's More To Love Than Boy Meets Girl
13 Communards - So Cold The Night
14 Jimmy Somerville - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
15 Communards - Tomorrow
16 Communards - Disenchanted
17 Jimmy Somerville - Read My Lips
18 Fine Young Cannibals - Suspicious Minds
19 Banderas - Why Aren't You In Love With Me
20 Carmel - One Fine Day

No comments:

Post a Comment