Buzzcocks Family

Yesterday I posted up Howard Devoto family and a lot of that could fit with this, so I included only two Magazine tracks, the rest you can find yesterday. My pick includes a lot of the Buzzcocks over the years (even after the death of Pete Shelley). A little of my favorite Buzzcocks, four Pete Shelley solo tracks and then a smattering of tracks from other members of the Buzzcocks. Steve Diggle who kept them going, Barry Adamson (check out his family pick for more). A couple of side projects for John Maher, Mike Joyce and solo track from Tony Barber round out the pick. Not too much of a rabbit hole, but enough to get you started looking. The Buzzcocks were one of those bands that I never understood why they didn't reach mainstream success more than they did. Their songs are mostly pure pop. But then you hit one or two and the lyrics tell you why they were banned on a few occasions.

Buzzcocks Family

01 Buzzcocks - Wish I Never Loved You
02 Buzzcocks - I Don't Mind
03 Buzzcocks - Why Can't I Touch It
04 Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (with Someone You Shouldn't've)
05 Buzzcocks - What Do I Get
06 Buzzcocks - Senses Out Of Control
07 Buzzcocks - Keep On Believing
08 Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict
09 Buzzcocks - Jerk
10 Pete Shelley - On Your Own
11 Pete Shelley - Yesterday's Not Here
12 Pete Shelley - Telephone Operator
13 Pete Shelley - Homosapien
14 Buzzcocks - Do It
15 Buzzcocks - You Say You Don't Love Me
16 Magazine - Shot By Both Sides
17 Magazine - The Light Pours Out Of Me
18 Steve Diggle & The Flag Of The Convenience - 50 Years Of Comparative Wealth
19 Barry Adamson - Autodestruction
20 Morrissey - Interesting Drug
21 Pauline Murray and the Invisible Girls - Dream Sequence I
22 Tony Barber - Someday
23 John Cooper Clarke - I Don't Want To Be Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment