New Old Soul 1

I haven't a clue about sub genres. Sometimes it just seems made up. And this Pick is exactly that a made up sub genre: New Old Soul. Basically, for me, it means newer artists making soul music that sounds like old time soul from back in the day. I feel like an old man just saying that. Get off the lawn you whipper snappers! But some call some of these just soul or R&B or Neo Soul, or Retro-Soul. I have no idea what distinguishes one from the other, so I just put the ones I liked. It's number one, because it's the first one in what could be an infinite number of these eventually. Just depends on who keeps making songs like these and do I like them. Let me know if you have some songs that I should listen to.

New Old Soul 1

01 D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
02 Black Joe Lewis - Bitch, I Love You
03 John Legend & The Roots - Compared To What
04 Johnny Rawls - Your Love Is Lifting Me (Higher And Higher)
05 Cleo Sol - Why Don't You
06 Leon Bridges - River
07 Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
08 Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds - Sugar
09 Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - How Long Do I Have To Wait For You
10 Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash
11 Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.
12 St. Paul And The Broken Bones - Call Me
13 Eli Paperboy Reed - Come And Get It
14 Sir Featuring Kendrick Lamar - Hair Down
15 Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
16 Durand Jones & The Indications - Is It Any Wonder_
17 Amaria - All For You
18 Lake Street Dive - Better Than
19 Tweed Funk - Fine Wine
20 John Nemeth - Come And Take It
21 Vintage Trouble - Blues Hand Me Down

No comments:

Post a Comment