Heatwave Extra Warm Pick

If you have looked at any other part of this blog site, you know that I have a special place in my heart for disco. And Heatwave. I've posted a family pick of Rod Temperton, who wrote many of the Heatwave hits as well as all of the hits on his pick. I have also picked a comp of Heatwave Ballads which is pretty darn good. This pick is not the hits, well, some are. These are the B-Sides of singles, the extra tracks of Heatwave. A few are 12" versions or remixes of hits, but much of these are fairly rare tracks that didn't make it onto an album in any version. One of my favorites is Birthday. I like ot play it when there is a birthday of course, but it's just got some great vocal work on it that allows you to listen all year through. And no it is not the typical Happy Birthday song. But it's good, even though it is actually one of the few non-Rod Temperton tracks. One day I will post my Best Of Pick for this band, but for now, it'll have to b-sides.

Heatwave Extra Warm Pick

01 Heatwave - I Surrender
02 Heatwave - Feel Like Making Love
03 Heatwave - Mind Blowing Decisions [Chatterbox Mix]
04 Heatwave - Sweet Delight
05 Heatwave - Posin' 'Til Closin' (UK 12 Remix)
06 Heatwave - Keep Tomorrow For Me
07 Heatwave - Cover Discover
08 Heatwave - Gangsters of the Groove [Gangsta Mix]
09 Heatwave - Find Someone Like You
10 Heatwave - Birthday
11 Heatwave - Wack That Axe
12 Heatwave - Time Out
13 Heatwave - Slip Your Disc To This
14 Heatwave - Special Offer
15 Heatwave - Always and Forever [Always and for Courtney Mix]
16 Heatwave - Mind Blowing Decisions (12 Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment