Earth Wind & Fire On The Side Pick

One of my top ten favorite bands is Earth Wind & Fire. So many reasons (see what I did there?) to love that band. I already did a pick of Don Myrick as an EWF family pick and it was good. This is more of the EWF band members guesting on other artists' tracks. And there are plenty. There is only one double between the Don Myrick Pick and this one and that's the Ramsey Lewis track. It is such a great track and the first that I knew of with EWF as main supporting actors. But the rest are all different. I included a couple of Maurice White solo tracks and a couple of Philip Bailey tracks since they included a few other members of Earth Wind & Fire as well as those guys themselves. See if you can hear them on each track. How noticeable are they on each? BTW, I especially like the cover I made, with the symbols for Earth Wind & Fire, the actual representations of each all behind the band shot. I think it can easily fit next to some of their other album covers and look legitimate. It might need a bit of kerning on their name, but otherwise....

Earth Wind & Fire On The Side Pick

01 El Debarge - Special
02 Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover
03 Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Mothership Connection (Star Child)
04 Ramsey Lewis - Sun Goddess
05 Brian Culbertson - Let's Stay In Tonight
06 Lee Ritenour - If I'm Dreaming (Don't Wake Me)
07 Stanley Turrentine - Tamarac
08 Barbra Streisand - Time Machine
09 Maurice White - Stand By Me
10 Neil Diamond - Stand Up For Love
11 The Tubes - Tip Of My Tongue
12 Philip Bailey with Phil Collins - Easy Lover
13 Weather Report - And Then
14 Jennifer Holliday - I Am Love
15 Philip Bailey & Little Richard - Twins
16 Deodato - Tahiti Hut
17 Fourplay with Chaka Khan, Nathan East, & Philip Bailey - Between The Sheets
18 Maurice White - I Need You

No comments:

Post a Comment