White Sugar

This is the 6th pick in the White series. White meaning bland, non-offensive, guilty pleasures of mine, A couple of tracks in here are not related in any way that I know of, but to me are associated in my mind. Bobby Hebb and Classics IV both had a one word hit starting with an "s" and ending with a "y". Both had a similar feel when I heard them. But somehow with just those minor similarities, I always link them together. Both those tracks are on this pick. Another track that I just love is from Sweet Sensation. In fact I made a RIYL from this song that I will have to post some day. This British soul band had more songs, but none on the par with Sad Sweet Dreamer, which is sad. I really liked this band. Sometimes it works out that way.

White Sugar

01 Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me
02 Steely Dan - Peg
03 Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
04 America - Ventura Highway
05 Freddy Fender - Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
06 Stephen Stills - Love The One You're With
07 Orleans - Dance With Me
08 Firefall - Strange Way
09 Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
10 Sweet Sensation - Sad Sweet Dreamer
11 Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
12 Nicolette Larson - Lotta Love
13 Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes
14 Classics IV - Stormy
15 Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
16 Ozark Mountain Daredevils - If You Wanna Get To Heaven
17 Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
18 Christopher Cross - Ride Like the Wind
19 Bobby Hebb - Sunny
20 Three Dog Night - Shambala
21 Sanford-Townsend Band - Smoke From a Distant Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment