Sophisti-Pop 2

This is the 2nd volume of my pick of Sophisti-Pop. Generally it's jazzy new wave. It usually has a sophisticated sound and to me reminds me of a cross between Steely Dan and Avalon Roxy Music. But it is a genre that only existed after it was mostly gone and done. Although there seems to be a comeback now decades after it was over. So many of the things that people call Sophisti-Pop could be considered other genres. It's all by feel. Look at yesterday's post to see why I am posting this now. And to get a link to a different more exhaustive take on this genre. Tomorrow is part three (the last of my series that I have finished.)

Sophisti-Pop 2

17 Style Council - The Paris Match
18 Spandau Ballet - True
19 Everything But The Girl - I Always Was Your Girl
20 The Christians - Ideal World
21 Blow Monkeys - Digging Your Scene (Long Version)
22 Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
23 Scritti Politti - Perfect Way
24 Orange Juice - Rip It Up
25 Living In A Box - Living In A Box
26 George Michael - Kissing A Fool
27 Sade - Smooth Operator
28 Hue And Cry - Labour Of Love
29 China Crisis - Bigger The Punch I'm Feeling
30 Level 42 - Running In The Family
31 ABC - When Smokey Sings
32 Joe Jackson - You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)
33 Grace Jones - I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (12 inch version)
34 Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love

No comments:

Post a Comment