What's The Connection? Motor

All songs about Motors. Motor ways, Motoring, anything to do with motors (except not motorcycles). I put Motorcycles in a different Connection. I went this direction because of Nick Mason's pick a few weeks back. He had a solo song about not being able to start his motor and it reminded me of  a few other motor songs. I put the ones I remembered off the top of my head and added them right away. Motorhead had to be there of course, But so did the Toy Dolls, EWF, Zappa and the Sugarcubes. Magazine always hit me as such a cool band. When Devoto left the Buzzcocks it was a sign of more great stuff to come. He has a another song that is about driving that is also cool, but under the name Luxuria. It's really good, too, but no motor in the title. I had a few extra motor songs without even trying, so that will end up as the start of volume two of this, but that's later when I feel like getting more. Leave a comment with your choices and it will motorvate me to start on it sooner. Harr, harr.

What's The Connection? Motor

01 Hawkwind - Motorhead
02 Metallica - Motorbreath
03 Neil Young International Harvesters - Motor City
04 Paul McCartney - Motor Of Love
05 Frank Zappa - Put a Little Motor in 'Em
06 Motörhead - Motorhead
07 Chuck Higgins - Motor Head Baby
08 Parliament - The Motor-Booty Affair
09 John Lee Hooker - The Motor City Is Burning
10 The Sugarcubes - Motor Crash
11 Roman Holliday - Motor Mania
12 Steinski & The Mass Media - The Motorcade Sped On
13 Herbie Hancock - Motor Mouth
14 Earth, Wind & Fire - Motor
15 Ted Nugent - Motor City Madhouse
16 Nick Mason - Can't Get My Motor To Start
17 Tom Robinson Band - 2-4-6-8 Motorway
18 Magazine - Motorcade
19 Toy Dolls - Modern Schools Of Motoring
20 Warren Hawkins - Motorway Food
21 Teddybears Sthlm - Global Motor Seizure
22 Jethro Tull - Motoreyes
23 Hanoi Rocks - Motorvatin'

4 comments:

  1. When I think of "motor" in song = Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" (we're motoring!) and Steppenwolf's "Born to Be Wild" (get your motor runnin'), lol. I know you're doing titles. I'll have to dl this one because I'm not familiar with a few of the tracks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister Christian always reminds me of Robert Seidler

      Delete
  2. There should be an old comment when this was first posted, a month ago or so.

    ReplyDelete