Not Hits

I was as surprised as anyone to find that none of these songs in this pick were a billboard top forty hit. They are all songs that most everyone knows and has heard a million times. I had to check a couple to make sure, because I would have bet anything they were a hit. But I am glad I didn't be because none were a hit. At least one was a hit in a different version. At least one was used in a movie and it was popular, but didn't crack the top forty charts. They all should have been a hit, but they weren't. No one knows why. As a DJ, I am often surprised that the best song of an album doesn't get picked to even be a single. It's a mystery.

Not Hits 

01 Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
02 Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
03 Alphaville - Big In Japan
04 REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
05 Dolly Parton - Jolene
06 The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
07 Stacey Q - Don't Make A Fool Of Yourself
08 Dead or Alive - Come Home (With Me Baby)
09 Cher - Strong Enough
10 Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
11 Missing Persons - Words
12 John Fogerty - Centerfield
13 Mötley Crüe - Home Sweet Home
14 Modern English - I Melt With You
15 Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
16 Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
17 The B-52's - Rock Lobster
18 Squeeze - Tempted
19 Planet P Project - Why Me
20 Pearl Jam - Jeremy
21 Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
22 David Bowie - Changes
23 Abba - Super Trouper
24 Bruce Springsteen - Badlands
25 AC-DC - Highway To Hell
26 Van Morrison - Moondance
27 The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
28 Elton John - Tiny Dancer
29 Beatles - All My Loving
30 Black Sabbath - Iron Man
31 The Call - Everywhere I Go

No comments:

Post a Comment