Sophisti-Pop 3

This is as far as I got in my Sophisti-Pop pick go back to volume 1 to get a link to a more comprehensive pick by "K" at Butterboy's website. I do have enough to make at least two more volumes of this and perhaps I will finish it one day, But I didn't want even more overlap with the other comp. Although I think there are several songs and a couple of artists that are not on the other comp. I think there will be a few people that will disagree with me on the choices I made. Are The Stranglers in any way Sophisti-Pop? I would argue that they only have a couple of songs that qualify, and they qualify more than some of the other choices some would make. Either way that's the beauty of this blog. It's my pick.

Sophisti-Pop 3

35 Johnny Hates Jazz - Let Me Change Your Mind Tonight
36 Everything But The Girl - Driving
37 Human League - Human
38 Level 42 - Love Games
39 Deacon Blue - Dignity
40 Black - Wonderful Life
41 Go West - The King Of Wishful Thinking
42 Climie Fisher - Love Changes (Everything)
43 Aztec Camera - Oblivious
44 Big Sound Authority - This House (Is Where Your Love Stands)
45 Spandau Ballet - With The Pride
46 Breathe - Hands To Heaven
47 Jazzateers - Sixteen Reasons
48 Brother Beyond - The Harder I Try
49 Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer
50 Carmel - Bad Day
51 Stranglers - European Female
52 The Blue Nile - Saturday Night
53 Double - The Captain Of Her Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment