Robert Smith's 80's Pick 2

Continuing the 80's Pick from Robert Smith. It was bothering me that I couldn't remember where I found this list, so I checked and it was from an interview on Sirius, but published in Farout magazine. They had it in alphabetical order, but I changed it to BPM order. It makes more sense to me. One of the tracks I was most happy about was the Yoko Ono song. One of my favorites and listening to it just makes sense for Smith to pick it. The one artists that I am surprised did not make it on his list is The Fall. I would have guessed that it would be on there. In fact I am glad I didn't bet, because I would have bet pretty much anything that Mark E Smith (and probably with Brix) would have made the list. You probably have your songs that you would have guessed been on his list but didn't make it. What did you see missing?

Robert Smith's 80's Pick 2

16 David Bowie - Let's Dance
17 Yoko Ono - Walking On Thin Ice
18 ABC - The Look Of Love
19 Suzanne Vega - Small Blue Thing
20 Cristina - Things Fall Apart
21 Mel & Kim - Respectable
22 Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
23 Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
24 New Order - Everything's Gone Green
25 Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
26 The Psychedelic Furs - Heaven
27 Madness - The Return of the Los Palmas 7
28 Soft Cell - Tainted Love
29 Dinosaur Jr. - Freak Scene
30 DAF - Sex Unter Wasser

BTW: Here is a m3u playlist of both volumes. Forgot to include it in the zip

No comments:

Post a Comment