Hip Hop Jazz 1

I call it Hip Hop Jazz, but some call it Jazz Rap. I like mine better. Here are the tracks that got me started with the genre. My favorite picks. I did a small bit of editing to get the Breakfast at Denny's quote where it is, but other than that it's how each single came. I am ready to make a part 2, but I am missing a few tracks, so if you have some great suggestions that I missed here make sure you put them in the comments. Coming soon is also my pick of early rap. The stuff I actually listened to when it was first getting known and maybe I will post my pre-rap picks sometime. You have to realize that at the time these were coming out, it was not on main stream radio, barely on college radio. Not on MTV. And there were no streaming services. You had to buy the albums.

Hip Hop Jazz 1

01 Buckshot LeFonque - Some Cow Fonque (More Tea, Vicar)
02 US3 - Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)
03 Ronny Jordan - Bad Brother
04 Buckshot LeFonque - Breakfast@Denny's
05 Candy Dulfer - Sax-A-Go-Go
06 Jazz Warriors - Chameleon
07 Buckshot LeFonque - Here We Go Again
08 Buckshot LeFonque - Try These On
09 MC Solaar - Le Bien, Le Mal
10 Jazzmatazz - Loungin'
11 Outlaw - Kickin' Jazz
12 The Solsonics - Jazz In The Present Tense
13 Digable Planets - Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
14 Stetsasonic - Talkin' All That Jazz
15 Gang Starr - Jazz Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment