New Classic Rock

A few days ago I posted a list of songs that were not being played on Classic Rock radio stations. Today I am posting a pick of songs that I think should make up a new Classic Rock radio format. All newer rock songs. Who knows if they will stand up to the test of time, but I hope they will. Only one track that is on the other pick and that is Great Van Fleet. They just sound like they fit on both. And frankly even though most of the other list is not necessarily newer rock songs, these are somewhat newer bands. Listen to this compilation and then suggest your choices for this New Classic Rock format in the comments. Maybe someday a music director will incorporate them. I wish I could format a radio station. If not this format, I have a few others. BTW, this cover would make a good logo for the new station.

New Classic Rock

01 The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
02 The Sword - Freya
03 Rival Sons - Pressure and Time
04 Screaming Females - Ripe
05 Hexvessel - When I'm Dead
06 Windhand - Orchard
07 Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - I'll Cut You Down
08 The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes
09 Elder - Gemini
10 Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune
11 Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love
12 Bigelf - Money, It's Pure Evil
13 The Winery Dogs - Elevate
14 Blood Ceremony - The Great God Pan
15 Fuzz - What's In My Head
16 Wolfmother - Joker & The Thief
17 The Struts - Could Have Been Me
18 Airbourne - Runnin' Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment