What's The Connection? Sweat

I took a couple of tries to get this connection the way I wanted. A couple of days ago I had made the Nona Hendryx pick and one of the songs reminded me of the Brick song on this WTC and that reminded me of Defunkt and C&C Music Factory as well as James Brown and the Sugarcubes which lead me down a rabbit hole. I stayed away from songs spelled like Sweat but really pronounced Sweet. Some was eliminated just by that. Surprising how many did that. The hardest one for me was Chubby Carrier who I had from a good Zydeco compilation, But for some reason the files for that album got corrupted and it took me three more tries to get the rips right. Half the album kept  making jittery noises. Arrgh! Oh well it worked out. I hope you enjoy this one!  I love that the cover is a screen grab from a great movie that I'm sure you recognize!

What's The Connection? Sweat

01 Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat
02 The Sugarcubes - Cold Sweat
03 Ohio Players - Sweat
04 Funkadelic - Fish, Chips and Sweat
05 Simple Minds - Sweat in Bullet
06 Prince - Black Sweat
07 Dav Kipp - No Sweat Baby
08 Batmobile - Cold Sweat
09 James Brown - Cold Sweat, Pt. 1
10 C&C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
11 Sexbeat - Sweat
12 Brick - Sweat (Till You Get Wet)
13 Chubby Carrier - Make You Sweat Zydeco
14 The Boneshakers - Cold Sweat
15 Kris Kristofferson - Smokey Put The Sweat On Me
16 Lonnie Youngblood featuring Jimi Hendrix - Wipe The Sweat 1 (3)
17 Defunkt - Thermonuclear Sweat
18 Deep Feeling - Sweat, Dust And Red Wine
19 Nona Hendryx - I Sweat (Going Through The Motions)
20 The Mac Ladds - Sweaty Betty
21 Spinal Tap - The Sun Never Sweats
22 Skrillex & The Doors - Breakn' A Sweat
23 Tool - Sweat

2 comments:

  1. The System - Sweat (That album has a gigantic Robert Palmer cover)

    ReplyDelete