Reggae Dub Pick 4

All of these are reupped. This one is just upped, since I haven't posted it before. You can find links to Dub 1 and Dub 2 on the Dub 3 pick page. All new tracks (although I used the Mad Professor track here on my Mad Professor Dub Me Crazy pick as well). I used two tracks with Lee Perry. One with the Congos and one with the Upsetters. Aswad and Black Uhuru are not generally known as dub artists, but both of them had dub albums that are considered to be amazingly great in dub circles. The tracks on here are a couple of my favorites. King Tubby and Prince Jammy are on here a couple of times. Mad Professor shows up twice, too. Once with the Easy All Stars covering a Pink Floyd track (they have two albums covering Dark Side of the Moon) all good. A couple of tracks with Adrian Sherwood and a smattering of others to round this volume up.

Reggae Dub Pick 4

46 Congos - Fisherman Dub
47 Black Uhuru - Big Spliff
48 The Skatalites Meet King Tubby - Herb Man Dub
49 Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - Chapter Three
50 Prince Jammy - Throne Of Blood
51 Aswad - Dub Fire
52 Prince Far I & The Arabs - Dub To Africa
53 Horace Andy - Rasta Dub
54 Easy Star All Stars - Money (Mad Professor Remix)
55 Yabby You - Deliver Me From My Enemies Version
56 Mad Professor - Asylum Of Dub
57 Linton Kwesi Johnson - Victorious Dub
58 Max Romeo - I Chase The Devil
59 King Tubby - African Roots
60 Scientist - Golden Goal
61 African Head Charge - Dinosaur’s Lament
62 Automaton - Asiyah Dub (Blinding The Starry Eyes Of God)
63 Dub Syndicate - Stoned Immaculate


2 comments:

  1. Thanks. As a reggae newbie, I'm eager to hear picks from someone in the know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all start as newbies! Glad to help you get started.

      Delete