Nona Hendryx Pick

I think we've all heard Nona Hendryx whether or not we know it or not. She was part of The Blue-Belles, Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles, glam band Labelle (yes, Lady Marmalade) and a ton of guest vocal spots in addition to her own solo stuff. I became aware of the person when I heard her sing with Material (Bill Laswell) And loved the track so I put it on this pick. I didn't add it here but she did backing vocals with the Talking Heads, Jerry Harrison, Cameo and has songs with Peter Gabriel, Keith Richards. Just tons more. Including being on the Artists United Against Apartheid album and on the Sun City single. Here I concentrate on her solo stuff with a few tracks from Labelle over the years, one from the Blue-Belles and one each from Soul Clap and Material. There are a couple of tracks from soundtracks (Coming To America and To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar) both great. A lot of these tracks are written by her, but I included a few covers, too.

Nona Hendryx Pick

01 Nona Hendryx - Design For Living
02 Nona Hendryx - Transformation
03 Nona Hendryx - Baby Go-Go
04 Nona Hendryx - B-Boys
05 Nona Hendryx - Why Should I Cry?
06 Labelle - Lady Marmalade
07 Labelle - Messin' With My Mind
08 Nona Hendryx - Transparent
09 Material - Busting Out
10 Nona Hendryx - Keep It Confidential
11 Soul Clap featuring Nona Hendryx - Shine (This Is It)
12 Labelle - Turn It Out
13 Labelle - Space Children
14 Nona Hendryx - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
15 Labelle - Won't Get Fooled Again
16 The Blue-Belles - I Sold My Heart To The Junkman
17 Nona Hendryx - I Sweat (Going Through The Motions)

No comments:

Post a Comment